Saturday, March 1, 2014

This Kid Better Be Adorable So He/She Can Distract People From My Bald Head

A whole new month, a whole new week! 

February flew by super fast for us, and March is going to be insanely busy. Hubbs & I will need to find a new place to move to in April (curtesy of our apartment rates getting jacked up when our lease ends, and needing a second bedroom for the peanut & peanut's furniture/playthings/everything baby that won't fit in a closet), so the hunt begins now. I've been looking for weeks to figure out pricing, good locations, etc, but now that the 30 day notices of tenants will be trickling in, and options will now be available for a move-in date in April. Please please keep your fingers crossed for us because to be honest, I'm panicking a little. Moving is stressful enough, now I have to figure out how to do it with hormones raging, and belly growing. At least I won't have to help move the couch. 

Anyway, onto the good stuff!! 

UPDATE! 14 Weeks!

Baby is the Size of:  a LEMON! Didn't we already do lemon? Maybe this time its a bigger lemon. Baby is about 3 1/2 inches long, and weighs 1 1/2 ounces. 

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): Baby is starting to get more proportional looking, with the head sitting on a more distinct neck, and arms and legs really growin out! Babe is making a bunch of facial emotions, from grimacing to smiling to looking confused. They aren't connected with emotions yet, but baby is in sarcasm training... Eyebrow raise. Oh! And sucking his/her thumb is happening now too! And peeing. Thanks, kid, glad you're sharing.

Food Cravings: Still nothing crazy. However dark chocolate after my hawaiian pizza was delicious tonight. 

Food Aversions: Chicken is still the most boring food on the planet. There's no way to make it taste fantastic, its all just mediocre.  Otherwise, mustard is still gag-worthy, and I'm not sure why cumin is a thing.

Most Common Symptoms: Still pretty tired. Not as bad as last week, but I'm still ready to knock out at the sight of a reclining chair. This week has been the week of the small belly though - its kinda funky. I woke up this morning and literally didn't look pregnant at all - the kid disappeared on me. After eating breakfast and lunch my belly slowly showed up again, but it was a little freaky to see a flat stomach for the first time in months. 

What’s New: My hair is falling out. Like, in an alarming "how am I not bald right now" rate. I'm taking my vitamins, I have "vitamin enriched" shampoo, and my hair is still falling out. I heard its a bit of a phase, it all falls out then grows back with a vengeance. So, lets just look forward to that. Oh, this might be way too much info, but my libido is back. Thankgod. Somewhere my husband is smiling.

Hopes: Hoping my kid doesn't keep disappearing. I like having the reassuring big belly in the morning, not an awkward "if I turn to the side, its like I have a bloated six pack." I'm also hoping that I can continue to get good sleep! Last night I was out like a brick and only woke up once. That would be awesome to continue! 

Intuitions: Still thinking pink! Although I'm completely up in the air if its a girl or boy, I still have my fingers crossed. I also just really, really want to be able to use an all-sequin table runner or table cloth as a dresser drape in a nursery. So girly, so cute, I can't handle it.

Best Moment of the Week: Last night I didn't take my anti-nasuea meds, and I woke up this morning not feeling like death!!!! I got a little queasy smelling the breakfast burritos my husband was cooking for us, but as soon as it was in front of me I was right back on track scarfing it down. I have about a week left of pills, (I really have 2 more months of refills but I'm trying not to refill it) so I'm hoping that I can stay off them! It will be interesting to see if it effects me in any other way to not be on them. Maybe I'll get more heartburn? Less heartburn? Have more energy? Less energy? I've been living on them for about 5 weeks, so let's see what happens!

Until next week, here's me & my little peanut!! 


Belly Bump is Officially Bigger than Boob Bump.
I'm off to live another week! Keep your fingers crossed for not having to buy a wig, for keeping this baby bump happy, and finding a new place to call home. I know its a lot to ask for one week, but hey - shoot for the stars, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment