Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Apple of My Eye

Week 15! Only one more week until the mile marker of 4 months, and I really don't have a whole lot to update with. So... sorry if you were expecting brand new information that would just blow your mind. This week has flown by so fast that I can barely think of anything "new" to tell ya'll!

Uh…. Here's an awesome video to make you happy? 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2LiFsdrXF4 

Jimmy Fallon = Happiness. 

UPDATE! 15 Weeks!

Baby is the Size of:  An apple!! Little sweet apple of my eye…. errr… uterus. Baby now measures about 4 inches, and is a total fatty at 2 1/2 ounces. 

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): Baby is full blown 'breathing' amniotic fluid through his/her mouth and nose, which helps the lungs continue to develop. Baby's eyelids are still fuzed shut, but apparently can sense light. If I shine a flashlight on my belly, baby will run/swim/jerkily move away from it. Basically this kid is a sleestak & hates the light. (…I googled "creatures that hate light" and it literally came up with the definition of a sleestak. Do it yourself and feel as geeky as I do. Don't forget to click "images," so you can really get a visual)

Food Cravings: Still nothing crazy. Sorry. 

Food Aversions: Chicken is still super lame - all hail the high protein red meat!! 

Most Common Symptoms: I had another weird skinny week. Although on Friday my bump was back with a vengeance. And then Saturday it was gone. And today its kind of there? I think this kid is trying to play hide and seek with me, but I can't tell who's winning. 

What’s New: Apparently I've lost weight?? I volunteered to be part of the PETALS study through Kaiser (studying how my environment/lifestyle/eating habits/etc effects my pregnancy. Kaiser will later use my data along with thousands of other preggo's results to help future mommies have a happier, healthier pregnancy.) Anyway they weighed me in at 151 pounds on Saturday morning. My first appt at 6 weeks I weighed in at 153, my 8 week appt was 153 (weird) and about 2 or 3 weeks ago I weighed myself at my folks at 155. And now I'm back down to 151. Tanya & Ashley reassured me (they're the best) and told me lots of women lose weight, and it varies so much with timing of the day, etc. I guess its a good thing I haven't gained 10 pounds or anything, but it was still alarming! 

Hopes: Hoping this upcoming week will fly by like this past one! On March 17th we have an appointment for Peanut, (standard monthly visit) but I'm still excited to hear his/her little heartbeat on the doppler. 

Intuitions: Still thinking pink! Almost purely out of spite at this point. 

Best Moment of the Week: The clothes swap!! Every few months or so I'm lucky enough to be included in a huge clothes swap with a bunch of girlfriends. Ashley opens up her home to about 20 to 30 girls that bring in all their clothing they no longer wear, but is still in good shape. Its basically free shopping - leave your unwanted, take home new-to-you treasures! This clothes swap was like gold for me and two other preggos in attendance, we had several moms bring in their maternity clothes! Needless to say my closet got a HUGE face lift!! So grateful for a fun night with girls, closet refresh, and feeling good! All the leftover clothing is donated to Goodwill or another charity when all is said and done. Best. Tradition. Ever. 

Here's muh semi-little belly this week: 


Officially the work-bathroom-outfit-selfie.

And thanks to Ashley for the clothing swap maxi dress!! Obviously already getting put to work! 

See ya at the 4 month mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment