Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hit That Milestone Running!! 2nd Trimester is Here!

Oh HELLLLLLOOOO second trimester! No one is happier that you are here than I am. (again, my husband is laughing somewhere.)

May my nausea please go away,
May I no longer sprint to the bathroom screaming "OUT OF MY WAY!"

May my exhaustion fade way to the past,
May this baby belly get bigger, rounder, and fast!

May my deranged emotions chill the F out,
May tears of joy no longer arrive when I see a girl scout.

May my acne disappear and face become clear,
May grocery stores smells not instill me with fear.

Ok we're done. My dad is the poem genius, I just sound ridiculous. 

Really though, its my second trimester, and I'm STOKED. STOKED, PEOPLE. Is that word not cool anymore? I don't care - I'm bringing it back.

UPDATES! 13 weeks - SECOND TRIMESTER BITCHACOS (I'm bringing that one back too)

Baby is the Size of:  a JUMBO PRAWN. Nearly 3 inches long, and weighs nearly an ounce. I saw a picture today in my MayoClinic Book (honestly the best book ever) and it had an actual size image of how big little Peanut is. It was weirdly amazing to stare at, and awkwardly hold the book page over my bump and giggle. I stared at it for a solid 10 minutes. 

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): Guess who can no longer get away with crimes?! This kid. Baby has fingerprints. (Busted!) Veins and organs are visible, and baby's way oversized head is now only a third of his/her body instead of a whopping half. My little brainiac :) 

Food Cravings: Not a whole lot. I've noticed I've been preferring higher protein snacks and meals. For instance, yesterday at MexiCali, a tostada salad would have been DISGUSTING, except I got hit by the "OH it comes with steak - definitely get that" epiphany. 

Food Aversions: Not too much to update here - but chicken is getting really boring. Also, I give up grocery shopping. I'll buy food for a week, and by the time I'm supposed to eat it, no, no, no I don't want that at all. Why would I buy that. What a stupid decision.

Most Common Symptoms: This week has been exhaustion. I'm not sure how much having a grody cold played into it, but I was wiped. You know those completely obnoxious 5-Hour Energy commercials, where the narrator comes on and says "GOT THAT 2:30 FEELING??" yeah. I do. Every day. Don't rub it in, jerk. I'm trying to sleep on my desk and you're waking me up.

What’s New: My cold is gone! I know its not directly pregnancy related, but its still noteworthy. Also, this kid is getting big. Usually my belly seems decently small until I start moving around for the day, and chow down on breakfast & snacks. This week, this bump is here as soon as I wake up. Peanut has taken new territory.

Hopes: Uh…Refer to my "poem" above.

Intuitions: Ok, ok. I'm carrying forward. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I think I am. I'm not sure if its still too early for my belly to truly take a shape, and if it will still change or not, but this kid is a front-heavy kid. Sooooo fire trucks and baseball might be in our future instead of glitter and ballet slippers.

Best Moment of the Week: Getting better!! Also, we got to go on a tour at the new Levi's Stadium where the 49ers will play! It's nearing completion (and by nearing, I mean they have 139 days to go. No exaggeration - there was a countdown) I went with my folks, and best friends Tanya and Cody. Poor Jason had to work from 4:00am until 3:30pm, poor thing. But I love that he takes such good care of our little family <3


By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this yet! I've talked about Tanya in nearly every post, but never brought up her blog. Please check it out - its awesome! From crafts to recipes to up-cycling to baby & family adventures, her blog has it. Bookmark it!! http://tawnweya.blogspot.com




2 comments:

  1. Haha! I actually loved your poem...! Not sure what that says about me though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha aaaaand that's why we're best friends.

      Delete