Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Ok, I know, I know. I'm super late posting. Sorry.

But this week has been huge!! I've been a liiiiiittle distracted figuring out the rest of my life. I know that sounds really dramatic, but holy cow, one little piece of information goes a long way!!

Early last week (Monday) Jason, Peanut and I had a very good doctor's check up! We got to hear Peanut's heartbeat, and even see her on an ultrasound. Now don't get me wrong - 16 weeks is a great time to find out if its a girl or boy --- amiright --- but the ultrasound machine that the doc used on Monday is typically used for very early pregnancies. Pretty much a "is there somebody in there, or is this going to get really bad really fast" kind of screening. So, while we weren't able to see our Peanut's secret baby parts, we were able to see how big she's gotten! And this kid is seriously huge! As in, "my whole body doesn't even fit on the ultrasound screen" kind of big. Here's what we saw:

Whats Up Baby Spine!?
For anyone confused at what you're looking at, Peanut is facing straight down, head on the left, butt on the right. Spine curving along the top. The legs don't even fit on the screen! 

So, even though we were super happy to hear that Peanut was doing well, we were still itching to know if baby is Peanut, or Peanutte. Boy, or girl. Firetrucks, or glitter. You get my drift. Welllllp, it was a good thing that we made a backup appointment at Baby Imagine, just in case!! 

Yes - we had a backup appointment scheduled at a 3D/4D ultrasound clinic, just in case we didn't find out on Monday. Seriously, the best idea we've ever had. We had an AMAZING experience with them - they were so so nice, and we got exactly what we were hoping!! For $99, we found out the sex of our baby, received slew of printed pictures, along with a DVD of our entire ultrasound set to music. If you're looking for a great experience with great results, I can't recommend them any higher!! 

As soon as the ultrasound technician put the wand to my belly, the very first view was a total up-skirt shot. We knew within 10 seconds of the ultrasound that Peanut is a GIRL!!!!!! Our little Peanut suddenly became so so real, with a huge story ready for us to enjoy. I lost it (obviously) and hubby sat in amazed shock for a moment, before jumping up to hug me and joining me in staring at the TV screen with ear-to-ear goober smiles. We both had been hoping and praying for a little girl, and all our dreams have come true!!! 

Here's a few shots of our little lady! 

Waving Hello!
 
Little Hands

Already the Drama Queen, Posing for Pictures!

Playing Peekaboo… by Herself.

There are simply no words to describe what its like to truly see your baby for the first time - even via ultrasound. We were able to watch her move and squirm in real time, and I've never been filled with more joy. Having my husband by my side, my little girl waving hello and sucking her thumb, its amazing I was able to even see anything through the tears. This little girl is already bringing me so much happiness, I can't wait to meet her! 

The ultrasound tech told us she's already gaining her baby fat! Usually babies at 17 weeks are still very skeletal, and a little alien looking. Our baby already has some chubby cheeks, and baby fat sticking to her bones. From what our technician is predicting, Peanut will be tall, have my nose, and be a little chunker when she's born! And after hearing about our family genetics for eye color, she has a pretty good chance getting my blue eyes :) 

We're on our way into week 18, where I'll pick up my weekly report. But in the meantime, Jason and I will be celebrating our little Lucille Marie! See ya'll soon! 

Mommy, Daddy & Little Lucy!


1 comment:

  1. EXCITINGGGGG!!!!! Her features in the Peak-a-boo pic are so cute already!

    ReplyDelete