Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sweet Sixteen

WHATS UP WEEK 16!?!?!? 

Is this enough of a reason to throw myself a Sweet Sixteen Party!? Because I'm pretty sure I'm excited enough to blow like a million dollars on a badass entrance, a custom-made dress or two, some fire breathers, choreographed dancers, and make my parents buy me a new car. PRETTY SURE. 

Wanna know why!? Well let me enlighten you, my darling friends. This week has been awesome for two gigantic reasons: 

1) I FELT KICKS. On Wednesday evening while lounging with the hubby, I felt a super fast, super light little fluttering in my belly. It went by so fast that it took me a second to realize what it was. I actually wasn't even convinced they were kicks until I felt them again Thursday night. Then again Friday morning. Then again Saturday afternoon. I'm still waiting for my little hello for today, but it makes me insanely happy. I can't get over it!!! So weird, but so amazing at the same time. Makes me fall in love with this little peanut over and over again. (Until he/she is kicking me straight in the bladder or ribcage - then it the emotion might be a little different than love.)

2) WE FOUND A NEW PLACE TO LIVE. Hubby and I went apartment hunting all day on Saturday, and honestly everywhere we went was terrible. We hated all of them. None of them were as good as the place we're in now, and some were even more expensive and literally half as nice. It blows my mind the craphole units that these Bay Area complexes are renting. So, we checked in with our current complex  for pricing, walked a GORGEOUS 2 bedroom unit, sucked it up and put down a deposit. Finances will be tight, but we'll make it work. Its wonderful, bigger than what we have now, has a washer/dryer in unit, wonderful amenities, we feel safe here, and its nearby both our parents. Everything is workin out!! (Thank goodness!! Cue the baby-stuff-hoarding!) 

UPDATE! 16 Weeks! FOUR MONTHS, PEOPLE!

Baby is the Size of:  An Avocado!! This just makes me giggle, imagining the hundreds of avocados that grow in Tanya's tree in the backyard. All I imagine is a tree full of babies. (I know - a little weird). Baby is about 4 1/2 inches long, and weighs in at 3 1/2 ounces. 

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): Baby is getting a little more human looking! Baby's head is more erect than ever, the eyes are moving in towards the front of the head, and the patterning of the scalp has started. Oh yeah, and don't forget that Peanut is starting to grow toenails. 

Food Cravings: Fruit and high protein meats! Kiwis are delicious - I'm not sure if I could really call them a craving, but I'll definitely never turn one down. 

Food Aversions: I'm getting really tired of pizza. I don't have it that often, but its just boring. 

Most Common Symptoms: This week has been pretty good! My energy is coming back, and my morning sickness only showed up twice this past week. I'm taking it and running. My face is still breaking out, and my back looks horrendous (in my opinion), but at least my hair isn't falling out in major clumps anymore. Again - whoever told you that pregnancy is glamorous - they LIED. 

What’s New: Just those sweet little fluttery kicks!! I can't even describe how exciting they are. These tiny little 'hellos' from my sweet little bebe.

Hopes: Tomorrow (Monday) I have a doctor's appointment for a baby check up! Hoping all goes well, and really hoping I don't have to do another blood draw. Seriously, guys, the whole blood draw thing is getting old. I think I'm up to giving up 8 vials now? I kinda need my blood IN my body right now.

Intuitions: Gah. I don't even know.

Best Moment of the Week: First kicks, thats for damn sure. 

I just realized I didn't take a full shot this week, but here's a fun one from my point of view! 



Only 167 days to go (till my due date)! 

But hey, who's counting. 

2 comments:

  1. Cant wait to hear how your appointment goes tomorrow. Wishing you and Jason all the best. Congrats on the new apartment - please let Jake & I know if you need some help moving. Hopefully Jacob wont have baseball during that time if you do need help. Look forward to the next blog entry. Much love! *Caudill's*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! First kicks are major! And I'm a little scarred by your avocado tree vision...but we'll blame hormones :)

    ReplyDelete