Friday, April 4, 2014

Such is Mango!

GAH I'm the worst blogger ever. 

Soooo, week 18 flew by. Packing, moving slowly, new job, the works. Somehow blogging didn't quite make it into my schedule, I'm sorry! I've gotten nailed by a few friends now with "SO…ABOUT THAT BLOG YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED." …Can I hide in the corner and blame preggo brain yet?!

Well, here we go! 

UPDATE! 19 Weeks! NINETEEN, PEOPLE!

Baby is the Size of:  a MANGO! If you didn't think of this Mango instantly, we can't be friends anymore. Anyway, our little girl is weighing in at about half a pound, and six inches long. 

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): Lucy's legs and arms are fully proportional to her body, and all her organs have been created and ready to go. They just need some finalizing and fattening up! Her sensory pallet is exploding right now - everything from her eyesight to hearing to tasting to touching. She is completely in control of her movements now, so she can willingly kick and punch me as much as her little heart desires. Ahem. This is where we decide how much she really loves me back.

Food Cravings: I'm back on a fruit trend! Strawberries are our favorite (I saw our since she gets REAL excited when she gets strawberries), and she also loves blueberries, kiwis, and cold oranges. Also, phish food ice cream and frozen thin mints.  

Food Aversions: I am the biggest wuss when it comes to spices now! Like, the embarrassing level of gringo-spice-intolerant. And it took so long to build up my abilities…. 

Most Common Symptoms: Hip pain. Freaking hip pain. I've done some research on it, and apparently I can blame my lovely hormone increase of 'relaxin.' (I'm not even kidding - there's a hormone that makes it sound like I should be super chill right now. Too bad its TOTALLY not the kind of relaxing I want, Frankie.) Aside from my rant, relaxin is the hormone that physically relaxes my muscles and ligaments. The ligaments in my hips that would normal be tight enough to keep my hips aligned have now taken a chill pill, and my hips are slipping out of alignment. Sleeping on my side has become literally excruciating, so I'm forced to sleep on my back. I think I have a little more time till its OFFICIALLY a no-no for baby (sleeping on your back reduces blood flow to the bebe) but its still nerve racking. 

What’s New: My belly! Well, obviously its not new, but its bigger. Like, taking-on-new-territory bigger.

Hopes: I bought a Mumanu pillow that just got delivered today!! I'll be testing this bad boy out tonight to see if it helps alleviate my hip pain, and actually be able to sleep through the night. Instead of a typical body pillow that can be bulky, hot, lose its shape and flatten out, this pillow is self-inflating and more of a squishy air tube than a conventional pillow. I can release air to make it thin out, or let it inflate itself till its nice and fat. The goal is to keep my hip, knee, and ankle in line, which is damn near impossible with a conventional pillow. Cross your fingers for me - this thing might keep me from going crazy in the next 4 1/2 months. 

Intuitions: …Should I change this category? I feel like I should change this. I know its a girl. 

Best Moment of the Week: Beside seeing my Mumanu pillow delivered on my door this afternoon?! My glimmer of hope!? My new best friend that might be more important to have in my bed than my husband? (Too far?) Well, this week has been busy! We're slowly moving over to our two bedroom apartment, so I've been packing and dragging things over. Its really exciting to see Lucille's room slowly have more and more things added to it. A huge gigantic thank you to Tanya for lending us TONS of baby stuff; I don't know what we'd do without you! I promise I'll keep it all in good condition for whenever babe #2 comes around!

And time for a big collective group "thaaank you kaaatyyy" for taking a selfie right now PURELY for your blog-reading pleasure. Not only am I a week late, but to also not give a picture would be total cruelty, amiright, you little stalkers? 


This is what 19 wks & tired looks like.

Alrighty, I'll do my best to promise you an entry next week. Maybe it will be sooner, maybe I'll fail at life again. And I'll either be ecstatic or enraged at the success or fail of my $80 freakin pillow. Remind me to tell ya'll about that.

And one more for good luck. You can not have the Mango! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope the pillow helps!!! And yeah, don't worry I'm just now getting caught up in my reading!! :) Think of it as training for the busyness ahead with the babe!

    ReplyDelete