Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Double Digits, People!

You guys.

There’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

I’m proud to say that I am just past 10 weeks, (10 weeks and 3 days, to be exact) and I think life is starting to get back on track. (Knock on wood.) I’m starting to be able to cut down on my anti-nausea meds from twice a day to once a day, my face is slooooowly starting to clear up, and while I do have my moments of exhaustion, I feel like I’m starting to get my energy back.

Week TEN!!

Baby is the Size of: A kumquat!! Don’t ask me what it is. I googled it, and its kind of like a small apricot.

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): The details are a-comin! Tiny little fingernails and toenails, tiny little separated fingers and toes (no more paddle feet!), and peachfuzz hair all over. Baby is able to swallow fluid, and is kicking up a storm! (I won’t be able to feel it for weeks). All the vital organs are in place and starting to function, and will develop throughout the rest of my pregnancy. This kid is rockin and rollin!

Food Cravings: No other real cravings yet, just the same foods are fantastic. I’m talkin starch, salt and cheese. However, with my nausea wearing down, I’m hoping I can start getting back into my healthier foods without gagging.

Food Aversions: Nothing new – still the same as last week. I have realized, however, that the smell of the dry rice browning in the first steps of making rice-a-roni (SO GOOD, BTW) smells pretty much exactly like cedar shavings that need to be changed in the bottom of an animal cage. Just saying. Something peed on that.

Most Common Symptoms: With nausea slightly cutting back, now my main problem has been sleeping through the night. I’m pretty much guaranteed to wake up at least a few times, whether that’s to use the restroom, I’m hot, I’m cold, I’m too tired to sleep *(yeah – figure that one out) or husband rolls over, or snores. I’ve definitely become a light sleeper, which makes the mornings little rough.

What’s New: Ok, so LAST week I thought I had a pooch. WRONG! This kid has popped out! Or at least, I think so! I have a very round, (although still small), distinctly round belly!! It officially looks like a baby bump instead of a cheeseburger binge. And I’m very, very happy about it!!! I love seeing this little bowling ball!! And the hubby loves it too, which I think is the best part.

Hopes: I’m hoping things keep going up! New round belly, slowing symptoms, things are going good! I also went to the “prenatal orientation class” at Kaiser yesterday, and as overwhelming as it was, it was pretty eye-opening to the different genetic problems that a baby can be burdened with. I’m hoping that this baby is as happy and as healthy as can be, and his/her development goes well.

Intuitions: Still thinking it’s a girl! I have yet to have a single person predict ‘boy’ for us, so I’m takin it.

Best Moment of the Week: I got to see Tanya all day Saturday! It was beyond nice to have a girls day, and hang out with her little dude! I feel like it’s pretty rare to spend that much time together anymore, and I just loved it. I don’t know where I would be without her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment