Monday, February 10, 2014

Where's My Tiara!?

There's something cool about the number 11. Probably because it has two of the same number in it, but also because it makes me think of the time 11:11 (kiss the clock!!) Or maybe because 11:00 is that last magic hour before your fairy tale spell ends, and your carriage turns back into a pumpkin and your horses become mice. 

Who am I kidding. As much as Lorde tells me to be a Queen Bee, there ain't no magic pumpkins. 

BUUUT I am going to make this metaphor work! Symptoms are improving, which means that maybe I'm enduring my last "magical" hour/week of first trimester woes, and I'll start to feel like a real life princess soon enough! Break out the glittery tiaras and singing farm animals!

Baby is the Size of: A fig!! Just over 1 1/2 inches long, and totally adorbs. (Baby Center may not have included that last part.)

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): Baby's hands will soon be able to open and close into little fists, tiny little teeth buds are growing, and bones are beginning to harden. Baby is kicking and stretching like David Beckham, and hiccuping all the time.

Food Cravings: No real updates here... however strawberries have become delicious. Oh and green apples with peanut butter. 

Food Aversions: I've actually been pretty good this week! Nothing has really crept up on me that made me cringe. The only thing I can think of was being trapped at Safeway behind a really heavy set guy - I couldn't tell if it was BO or if he used curry as deodorant (heyyy maybe both) but either way I got out of that aisle as soon as possible.

Most Common Symptoms: Nausea is still slowing down, which is awesome! Finally starting to feel like a normal human being again. However sleep is getting much harder. I sleep on my left hand side most of the night (which luckily benefits me/baby because apparently sleeping on your left promotes the best blood flow to the bebe). However, I only sleep on that side because my right side feels funny, and sleeping on my back feels too tight on my stomach and hurts my lower back unless I prop my knees up. So left side it is. And achy hips in the morning. Again - feeling like I'm 80. 

What’s New: My face. Well, not my face face, but my skin. In fear of jinxing it (just knocked on every piece of wood furniture around me) my face is clearing up!!! I don't feel like I'm 15 anymore!!! My color, complexion, its all coming back!! These hormones are finally calming the F down!!! Seriously I'm more ecstatic now than I was morning of senior prom, rejoicing there wasn't a huge zit on my nose. 

Hopes: Hoping to keep on truckin! Things are looking up, and I'm really grateful. Also hoping I get to spend some quality time with the cute guy I live with over the upcoming three day weekend. Thank you Presidents, for giving yourself a holiday!

Intuitions: Still hoping its a girl! I've now received one boy prediction. (Dammit, V!) But we'll just shun that away like it never happened.

Best Moment of the Week: Uh. I went shopping. As in, I-haven't-shopped-since-I-found-out-I-was-pregnant-and-got-on-a-saving-money-binge. It was amazing. Glorious. The act of spending money was literally euphoric. Ok I might be exaggerating on that last part, but damn it felt good. 

Also look at this cute shirt I got at the Gap! 


Just for the record, the shirt is sparkly. 

I'm ready for you, second trimester!!! I know you officially start at 13 weeks, but I'm not telling my bump that. 


1 comment:

  1. I like this kid already, apples & PB is my FAVE. I think we'll get along nicely :)

    ReplyDelete