Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Time Traveling Baby!

Ok, so this time I delayed my post on purpose. (I swear!) 

I turned 20 weeks on Saturday (WHATS UP FIVE MONTHS!) but I knew I had a doctor's appointment on Monday, so I figured I would just hold out and wrap it all into one. 

Well then Kaiser called and rescheduled my appointment to today (Wednesday). So I swear, its not like I was slacking. I'm late blogging...on purpose? 

And honestly its a good thing that I waited! I was going to write a whole long post about being 20 weeks, and how excited I am to finally hit that big land mark. Well at our doctor appointment today, we got a big fat surprise! During our anatomical ultrasound scan where the doctor took a LOT of measurements and recordings, we found out that our sweet little lady is not just 20 weeks and 5 days like I thought she was, but actually 21 weeks and 1 day! My due date has been bumped up from the early prediction of August 30th to a final statement of approval for August 26th. Also, my week-turning-day has changed from Saturdays to Tuesdays.

So, I guess here goes the update for... 21 weeks?!?!?!! 

UPDATE! 21 Weeks! Past half way, past 5 months, flyin through time! 

Baby is the Size of:  a carrot! Ok let me explain why my child now sounds super long and skinny, and more like a broom than a baby. This whole time (up until 20 weeks) the measurements have been from head to rump. So being a mango, kiddo was short and squat. Now that her legs are proportional, measurements are from head to toes! Basically, my kid grew 5 inches in a week. She measures about 10 1/2 inches long, and weighs approximately 3/4 of a pound. 

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): Kicks. Kicks and nudges and kicks and nudges! Little flutters have turned into distinct kicks and nudges since she's gained strength, bone, and size. I should start being able to figure out a pattern or routine through the day of when I feel her. So far the only consistent kick action is around 10 to 11am, around 3:00 to 4:00, and sometimes again at night after dinner. I also always feel her when I settled down in bed for the night, I think she realizes that gravity has turned sideways. In other news, Lucille has eyebrows and eyelids, and her girly parts are forming :) 

Food Cravings: Strawberries still rock my world! Peanut M&Ms which once were like heaven are just so-so now. Don't get me wrong, I'll still rip apart that yellow bag like a ravenous beast, but I might not sprint across the apartment to get to it.  

Food Aversions: I know I've said this a hundred times now, but seriously, HOW is chicken so boring. HOW. 

Most Common Symptoms: Ok!! I get to talk about my Mumanu pillow now, right? And how its basically relieved ALL of my hip pain!?!? I was so bitter and angry about having to throw a chunk of money away on a pillow, but OH my lanta is it worth it. Its pretty much an inflatable tube that doesn't lose its shape. I can inflate it to be as high or low as I want it, ensuring customized comfort. Its maybe two to three feet in length, and fits perfectly starting at my knee and down to my ankle. The purpose of the pillow is to align my hip, knee and ankle parallel to the floor so nothing is tweaked out of alignment. With my fancy pillow I can now sleep through the night comfortably, and I'm able to wake up in the morning without feeling like my entire hip joint is out of its socket. 

What’s New: Uh, the fact that this kid just jumped a week in progression is pretty cool.

Hopes: I've been using Burts Bee's unscented body lotion on my belly since I found out I was pregnant, and I recently purchased Palmer's Belly Butter to test out. I'm on the fence about it; it feels really greasy going on - the kind of greasy feel that you wonder if it will stain your clothes. Then after it rubs in, it leaves an invisible film on your tummy that causes friction when you run your hand across it. I'm used to the velvety soft lotion feel, and this friction, stuck feeling just doesn't provide that luxurious feel. I'm hoping that I either get used to it, or find something better to help prevent stretch marks! 

Belly Button: Still in! Just getting stretched out and shallow.

Ring: Still on! Fingers haven't swollen up yet.

Best Moment of the Week: Definitely seeing our little lady today. She's so stinkin cute!!! And it was also beyond exciting that we can expect her 4 days sooner than originally thought! Who knows if Mother Nature will give two hoots about the date change, but its still fun to cross days off your countdown without even trying :) 

My friends on facebook have already seen my preggo pic, but here's a fun ultrasound pic from today as well. I think she has my nose :) 

1/2 cooked baby!


The only clear shot we got of Peanut's face!

Well this mama is tired, and the little wiggle worm keeps kicking. Maybe if I settle down for bed she will too! 

...or not. Probably not. 




1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! So happy to hear your pillow is such a life saver! And major ICK on the lotion. I have the 'cocoa butter massage lotion for stretch marks' bottle of Palmers (and the oil too!) and I am hooked on both!

    ReplyDelete