Friday, April 25, 2014

Cowgirl In Training

I can't believe another week has already flown by! 

And crap, I'm due for another post in like 4 days. HOW is this happening. 

This past weekend, instead of celebrating Easter like the rest of the world, my hubby and I took an amazing weekend getaway to a beautiful ranch up in Redding, Calif. We have family friends that purchased a ranch a few years ago, have adopted some horses, cows, and doggies to accompany them, and now live on a 42-acre slice of heaven. It was honestly like living in one of my very familiar day dreams. 

I'll put up some pictures at the bottom  of the post from our time!! Lucille was a great sport while mama got to pet the horses (not ride them), go kayaking, go on an ATV, learn how to throw a lasso, shoot some shotguns, play with doggies, and eat lots and lots of steak. Oh. And rellllaaaaax. That was by far the best part. 

UPDATE! 22 Weeks! (Did anyone else just have a semi-douchebag moment and think "DEUCESSSS" and throw up double peace signs in their head? No? Alright.)

Baby is the Size of:  a spaghetti squash!! Weighing in at 11 inches long, and nearly one full pound! I read another blog site (Pregnant Chicken) that informed me that my baby is the size of a fat Barbie doll. It was really awkward to think about, so I liked the spaghetti squash version a little better. 

Baby’s New Developments (According to Baby Center): Lucille is looking more and more like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she looks undeniably like herself. No more alien baby, she's already a cutie! Her eyes have developed further, but there isn't color in her irises yet. (One of the things I can't wait for - will she have blue eyes like her mama, or deep brown like her daddy?) 

Food Cravings: Fruit!! Fruit fruit fruit. This kid loves strawberries, apricots, peaches, grapes,  blueberries, you name it. Still a little iffy on raspberries, but blackberries are back in the game. 

Food Aversions: Chicken still sucks. Oh, and last night I refused to eat anything hot. All I wanted was frozen peas. Don't judge me.

Most Common Symptoms: Guess who found her way into the hormonal, cry-y stage of pregnancy? THIS GIRL. Two nights this week have been weepy for no reason. Like, the "I'm just really tired and I don't want you to go to work tomorrow and my pjs fit funny and I don't want to lay down and we're running low on soap" kind of weepy. Oh and dear god. I watched the movie August Rush with my folks this week - this super adorable, heartwarming tale of a little boy is this total musical prodigy and he tries to find his biological parents through music and I just can't even handle it - tears. Rampant tears. Like the good, warm and fuzzy, blowing into a tissue while cry-talking "its-gasp-just-s-s-s-s-so-gasp-cuuuuuuute-sob,sob,sob." So that was fun. My parents got a good laugh out of me.

What’s New: Lucille is kicking like crazy! She's definitely getting stronger. Oh and my sweet husband finally felt her kick this weekend at the ranch!!!! 

Hopes: Uh, these emotions need to get under control. If things keep going how we're going, I'm going to be dehydrated. (And probably really annoying).

Belly Button: Still in! Just getting stretched out and shallow.

Ring: Still on! Fingers haven't swollen up yet. Feet are getting tingly though…. 

Best Moment of the Week: Best moment of the week is really hard this time. I want to say when Jason felt Lucy kick for the first time. But I also want to say relaxing, hand in hand, by the pool. I also want to say walking the ranch property, watching the dogs run around us, breathing in the fresh air and melting into the most gorgeous sunset. Can I just say the whole trip?? The ranch was the best moment of the week. 




T-R-O-U-B-L-E



My hubby's favorite picture <3






I can't wait to go back!!!


1 comment:

  1. Great photos!!! Enjoy that fruit & steak :) And crying is ok, you'll get through it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete