Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Barefoot and Running

Have you ever been in such a hurry to get somewhere that you find yourself sprinting to your car, throwing on chapstick in lieu of actual makeup, pulling the fly up on your jeans, slamming your purse in the car and when you’re half way down the street, you realize you don’t have shoes on?

Or, have you ever been having so much fun that you completely forget the stresses of your work day, the laundry waiting for you at home, the dinner that you burnt on the stove the night before, and you’ve come to find that the best feeling in the entire world is running through the grass, no shoes on, and giggling to no end?


Welcome to barefoot and running.


Life has become a whirlwind for me. For us. Well, what feels like for everyone in my life. I’m pretty sure that years don’t get harder or more complicated as time passes by, but the years simply go by faster. I turned 26 this year – which is really weird. I know it’s not “old,” I know it’s a perfectly normal age to be, I’m just not sure how I got here. I guess a quite a few things have happened that hurled my life into warp speed.

I was ho-humming along in my own stagnant little world until ..you guessed it.. I met a guy. (And yes, most of the things that are written in this blog will be blamed on him. In a loving, tender way – of course.) Very long story short, I was renting a room from my best friend (Tanya) and her husband, who convinced me to try online dating. Hesitant, I finally agreed. The worst thing that could happen is if Tanya and I ran out of wine while scrolling through guys. First blame of the blog – Jason ruined my fun only three days into it.

He was adorable. He was covered in tattoos. He had a million dollar smile. He wrote with correct grammar and spelling that made this journalism student swoon. He was interesting and insightful and funny and mysterious. Everything that made me weak in the knees. So it was damn near impossible to turn him down when he invited me for pizza and beer – my other weakness. Ever since then, there hasn’t been more than a handful of days that we haven’t seen each other. Keep in mind, this all started in late September 2012.

Fast forward six weeks later – we got engaged.
After an 11 month engagement – we got married.
After being married for 3 months – we got pregnant.


Once again, welcome to barefoot and running.



This amazing, hilarious, goofy, whirlwind life of mine needs to be documented before I forget to slow down and love every moment of it. I’m 26, I’m married to man that makes my heart smile, and we’re about to have a baby. And yes, I’m mildly terrified but wildly excited. Here we go!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment