Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Everybody Loves Peanuts

The weekend before Christmas, Jason & I found out that we’re expecting! We’ve nicknamed our little one “Peanut” so far, so don’t get confused that I’m craving peanuts all the time. Peanut will be the first grandbaby on both sides of the family, so everyone is obviously very excited. I mean, come on. My father-in-law (who works for the same company I do) printed out the picture of a peanut and wrote “good morning! :)” and left it on my desk. Everyone is very, very excited. And I love it!!

Yes – I’ve already told work. And so many people were shocked that I told my work at the bright and shining progression of 7 weeks. But let’s be honest here. 1) My father-in-law works for the same company I do. He was literally twitching walking through the halls not being able to say anything to anyone. 2) Nausea. Nausea. Heart burn. Nausea. Breaking out like a 15 year old. Juuuuuuust getting into work on time because like I said, nausea. Oh and nausea.

I know it was risky telling them soon, because (like my doctor scared the bejesus out of me with) one third of pregnancies don’t make it to the second trimester. (THANKS DOC). Also, I’ve only been with this company since November, putting me at about 2 and a half months in when I told them. Hell, my 90 day review could come up and they’ll come up with an excuse that they don’t need me anymore. I mean who really wants to keep a hormonal, bloated, burping, irritated baby-maker roaming around their hallways? If you think I’m painting a terrible picture, I am. No one ever said that pregnancy is glamorous. (And if they did, they were being sarcastic.)

The game plan is for me to track the months, maybe weeks depending on how I’m able to keep up. I won’t have the fancy blackboard like most pinterest preggos have, decorated with the type of fruit their baby is that week. And I’ll try to throw some facts in there from books that I’ve read, websites I keep up with, and things my Baby Center App notify me of on a daily basis. I’ll try to keep it light and funny, and not let my nausea get the best of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment